Saturday 24 May 2014

Prime Time! It's all about the perfect primer

Primer makes such a big difference to the way your make sits and the duration it stays on. I have tried a lot of primers and these three are the best I've tried so far!


The first primer is Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. This is a new one for me and I've fallen in love with it. 

It has a lovely texture and glides on. This primer is a gel and I find that it is not sticky at all! My make up lasts so well with this primer, whether that's in the office or out and about. 

You can only buy an oil free version of this, but I'm a greasy monster and find that this primer is fine without having to get the oil free version. They are the same price, so you can choose either without having to worry about a difference in cost. 



Alike the first primer, the BareMinerals Prime Time primer is also a gel. I have to admit, of the three, this is my least favourite. I just don't like the way it sits on my face. I don't find that my make up goes on evenly when I use this. 

My skin texture feels a bit odd when I put this on my face. But I think that's just personal preference. 


The third primer is totally differnt from these two. 

The Shu Uemura UV under base mousse is one of my all time favourites! I always use a sponge to apply this, as I feel that you get a better effect. It's really light and speads well. 

It also has a tint to it which means if you have nice skin, you could wear this on it's own without foundation and have a flawless look. It is also SPF 30 PA +++ so you skin is safe in the sun 


I have also tried other mousses from this range and not liked them as much, so make sure you try them before you buy! 

Overview 

So to wrap things up, the BareMineral prime time is my least favourite primer of the three, but still better than a few other I have tried on the market. 

Laura Mercier and Shu Uemura battle it out for top spot on my list. The Shu Uemura is great for sunny days, it provides a light tint so you don't have to apply foundation if you don't want to and will protect you from the sun. 

However I think if for the everyday working woman, Laura Mercier is the best I have tried. It's gel texture is so nice on your face, and my make stays put all day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment