Thursday 29 May 2014

Face oils : why you need them no matter what skin type

First thing is first, don't be afraid of oils!! I have a real combination when it come to my skin. Most of the time I'm a real greasy monster, but I do also get bad dry spots if I don't look after my skin / if I get dehydrated. This is a blog that I feel I will add to over the years when I discover more and more skin oils, but for now, here are a few of the oils I have tried.

One if my friends at school always had the most beautiful skin and put it down to using Bio Oil on her skin everyday, twice a day. When I first heard this I was shocked! 

Having such oily skin, I was really unsure about putting more oil on my face. I finally decided while in my second year of university, (after too many nights out and seriously dehydrating my skin) to just go for it! So one night before bed I added bio oil to my beauty routen and was amazed. 

The next morning my skin looked so healthy and didn't feel greasy or oily at all!  I was converted! 


 I started using Bio Oil at night, but I found it was just too oily to use in the morning! Which was frustrating, so I needed to find an alternative. 

Bio oil isn't really made for putting on your face (as I see it) it's very thick and doesn't sink into the skin quickly. 

Next I decided to try ESPA replenishing face treatment / oil. As you can imagine from the title, this oil was specifically designed for putting on your face. Great start :) 

I really like this oil. I can use it in the mornings before applying my make up and don't find that it is too oily. It does leave my skin looking and feeling great, as the bio oil did, and had no after effects such as my make up slipping off etc. I really like the smell of this. It reminds me of the great outdoors, my partner on the other hand hates it and says I smell like mould when I wear it. (He always has had a way with words haha) 

Most recently I have been trying out Ole Henriksen pure truth youth activating oil. 

I have to admit, this stuff makes my skin look beautiful. It glows and looks so plump. But what's the catch? IT STINKS! I really cannot stand the smell of this oil. It's so over powering and really takes away from how beautiful it makes your skin look. Which is a real shame! 

So what to do? If you are on a budget, bio oil is the way forward. It's cheap and cheerful and does the job. I really like the ESPA face oil and love the outcome of the Ole Henriksen. If you have no since of smell, id opt for Ole Henriksen every time, if however you do have a normal sense if smell and don't like anything over powering, I'd say head to ESPA. 

Which ever product you use, the message is still the same, DONT BE AFRAID OF FACE OIL! It will change our skin for the better. And those greasy monsters out there like me, it'll actually even make your skin LESS greasy / oily because your skin won't need to make as much natural oil as you will be topping it up with this! Trust me, from one greasy monster to another, do it! Use face oil! 

No comments:

Post a Comment