Sunday 21 June 2015

Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm

When I first picked this lip butter up out of my BirchBox, I have to admit, I though 'oh, this is gonna be way to dark for me and I'm never going to use it' and then I saw the price and thought REALLY!? £8 for a lip butter. But then....I tired it and everything changed.



Colour wise, this lip balm looks like it's going to be mega dark, which I really didn't want from a lip balm, however, when applied it's so beautiful. 



As you can see, on application the colour is actually quite neutral but adds just a hint of colour to make your lips look healthy and full. 

I have mine in the colour Honey Nectar, which is described as 'true nude' on the Pixi Website. You can build up the colour if you keep adding a few layers. pix

(http://www.pixibeauty.co.uk/shea-butter-lip-balm)


As well as being a pretty in colour, these lip balms provide amazing moisture and are not sticky at all. The texture is so smooth and the colour stays on quite well. I topped up two or three times a day to keep my lips really soft. Sometimes I find that lip balms actually make my lips worse because when you stop using it for a day or so, your lips get SUPER dry and chapped. Does that happen to anyone else or is that just me?

Anyway, even when I missed a day of using this, because the moisture was so good from the previous times I used it, my lips stayed looking and feeling really smooth.

The packaging is also so cute. I love the pinks and greens together. It's quite playful but not too childish. 


The only thing left to discuss is the price. At £8 it is still pretty steep even though it does giver great moisture and a cute colour. Currently this balm is on special over on Beauty Bay for £6, which is so much more reasonable!! If they were always £6 I would stock up, and think I will pick up 1 or 2 while are on special.

DLJ
Xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment