Wednesday 3 June 2015

My first BirchBox


This month saw the arrival of my first BirchBox! I decided to leave it right until the last minute to order the May box (31st May) but it arrived today (3rd June) so I'm really impressed with its speedy delivery. 

My only bug bear was that because I ordered on the last day of the month, my June subscription also came out on the same day. Not the end of the world. But I wanted to try a box first before committing to another one. However now I have my first box, I can say I'm not fussed at all as I'm really happy with what I received. 

I love the little bag inside the box with all of the contents inside. There seems to be so much thought gone into these little boxes. I'm hooked already!!

Before looking at what's in the box, I wanted to take a moment to look at the box itself. The theme for this months box was 'free your mind' and the design was the outline of some shapes ready to colour. Which I started colouring straight away (yes I'm that cool). It seemed like a great idea at the time, but oh my days the lines are so tiny and thin. After around an hour I ended up giving up haha. 



So now to the goodies. The contents of the box. 



Nails 

The first thing I was drawn to was the LOLA Barcelona nail varnish in the colour Rambla which is a BirchBox exclusive. It's a really beautiful coral colour and I can't wait to try it. Perfect for summer! 




Skin wise...

Next thing to come out of the box is the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. I've used this before, but it's so damn cute that I can't wait to try it out again. 




Nude Treatment oil with Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9. I already take Omega supplements and they have made a huge difference to my skin, so I'm looking forward to seeing the effects of this! 



Finally, Caudalie Vinperfect Radiance Tinted Moisturiser. I'm not a massive fan of tinted moisturisers, mainly because I've never found one I've actually like! But I'll give it a try and see what it's like none the less. 



Hair 

Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Reconstructing Masque. I've never heard of this brand before! Love trying something new.



Parlour Moisturising Sea Salt Spray. Again another brand I've not heard of before. I've used sea salt sprays in the past and loved them! 



Beauty/ make up  

A real blast from the past for me. I remember buying Jelly Pong Pong brushes many moons ago when I was still at school! I actually didn't think they were still going, so will be interesting to give this a whirl! 


I can't wait to start trying all of these products and doing some reviews! Roll on June BirchBox is all I say!!!


DLJ
Xoxo 



No comments:

Post a Comment