Sunday 14 June 2015

New make up geek colours!

Four new Make Up Geek (MUG) colours arrived into my life this weekend! I ordered a few colours and a Z palette for my mum to try and decided to add a few more to my collection. I mean, it would be rude not to as been as the parcel was coming all the way from America haha.

I have been trying to expand out with my colour range as I seem to have loads of blues and nude colours. I decided on Chickadee, Prom Night, Poison Ivy  and Burlesque.

As you can see below, I had a mix of the old and new style packaging in my order. The new style is the one with the lines and the older style is the swirls.




(far left Poison Ivy, 
top middle Burlesque, 
far right Prom Night, 
bottom middle Chickadee)

A little bit about the colours: (www.makeupgeek.com)
Chickadee is a Matte Yellow Orange shade.
Poison Ivy in a shimmery medium green
Burlesque is a metallic muted burgundy with warm undertones (and is my favourite out of the four)
Prom Night is a pale purple with hints of grey and a shimmery finish
                                                                
Below is a swatch of a four colours. I have to admit, if them all, chickadee seemed to have the least pigment. For the other three I just has to run my finger in them once to get the colour swatch you can see. With chickadee I had to rub it three or four times to get the colour and it isn't that intense. But to be far I see a lot of people use this as a transitioning colour so I'll see how I get on with it when I d a make up look. 



(With Flash.
Left to Right:
Chickadee
Prom Night
Burlesque
Poison Ivy)


(Without Flash.
Left to Right:
Chickadee
Prom Night
Burlesque
Poison Ivy)

First impressions:
I love Burlesque. Out of all four this is my favourite. It's so deep and instese. Poison Ivy has so really nice undertones and I think is going to be really beautiful on as I have a touch of green in my eyes. I really like Prom Night, but I'm not sure how it's going to look on me. And finally, Chickadee. This was the colour I was most looking forward to as its so different to anything else I own. The pigment wasn't a strong as I was hoping so fingers crossed it doesn't let me down when to comes to make up looks  

Short a sweet blog post today my lovelies. Cannot wait to start creating some new looks with these colours and those already in my palette! 

DLJ
Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment