Sunday 22 February 2015

The Power Of Make-up

Before I dive into this post, I want to first point out that I am one of those people that NEVER leaves the house without at least my foundation on. This blog isn't about suggesting that people are 'fake', I just wanted to pull together some interesting looks / beauty tips and see what YOUR thoughts are. 

Let's face it, make-up is something that has been around for a good old while. When I think of make-up and history, one name automatically springs to mind. The beautiful Cleopatra 

(http://www.giantbomb.com/cleopatra/3005-5296/)

I mean at least I think beautiful. I mean she's never been depicted as an unattractive woman, but how can we know for sure? There were no selfies back then! And in ever painting or drawing, she is stunningly beautiful with her striking eye liner and brows.

But how do we know when someone is actually beautiful vs they are talented when it comes to make up application?

Let's take Jynx Maze for example. Here she is without her make up


http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/makeup-before-and-afters#.hkxWeg4BGe

And her she is all made up...WOW


Yeh, she's looking pretty hot in that second photo! Although I of course think the second photo is much prettier, let's go back to that first photo shall we? And for good measure, lets make it a little bit bigger..



If you saw Jynx walking down the street, would you take a second look? The chances are you wouldn't. However, I have to admit, I wish I looked that good without my make up on. Although with make up, Jynx is super sexy and glam, she's not exactly a bad looker without it, is she?

So, do you have to have natural beauty first and then ENHANCE that beauty with make up? I think in most cases this is the case. Although most people don't have perfect skin tone, spot free skin or perfect brows naturally, to be a bomb shell with the cake on, you have to have an element of beauty first, 

And that is also the case when it comes to beauty bloggers and Instgrammers. You can filter all you like, but if you don't have natural beauty on your side, you're not going to make up yourself into say.......Huda Kattan. Natural beauty is definitely and underlying factor here

(http://onstage.ae/onstage-international-books-huda-kattan-for-exclusive-lenovo-product-launch/)

So where does that leave the rest of us normal looking people? 

Let's not be unrealistic, make-up is always going to make us look smoother, more defined and evened out. So let's focus on this natural bits we like and expand on those rather than looking at all these slightly better looking MODELS who are, lets face it, expanding on their VERY good bits!

DLJ
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment