Sunday 22 February 2015

Creme De La Mer : Soft Cream and Treatment Lotion combination

I have been using Creme de la Mer for just over a year now and I am totally addicted to their products. So far I have invested in the Moisturizing Soft Cream, the Moisturizing Gel Cream and the treatment lotion. I have also been lucky enough to sample what feels like their whole range and already have my eye on some other Creme treats.

At the moment I am using a combination of the Soft Cream and the Treatment Lotion. I reserve the Gel Cream from summer as it is much lighter. As the weather is still pretty terrible in the UK, the heating is generally on in most places so I am finding that my skin is really suffering from the dry indoors environment and the harsh cold wind outside.



The Treatment Lotion : what is it & do I need it?

Well first of all, the answer is yes, you do need it, and here's why! Described as a 'miraculous source of vitality...this rich and silky hydrator awakens the complexion and drives moisture into the skin' on the website, this lotion is applied before your moisturizer to improve texture and skintone. It makes your face feel like its been submerged in water (in a good way) and leaves it hydrated and ready for the day. And the best thing about the Treatment Lotion? Because your skin is already so hydrated, you need less moisturizer. So, really, using the Treatment Lotion is SAVING you money right? Yep, that's how I sell it to myself :)



The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Creme de la Mer have a range of three different moisturizers, The Original, The Soft Cream and the Gel Cream. In brief, the original is much thicker and needs to be 'activated' by rubbing it between your finders before application. The Gel is a lightweight gel moisturizer which is great for summer. And finally, the Soft Cream is a half way house between both of these. It provides good moisture, but isn't heavy. As I mentioned above, I like to use the Gel in the summer months and the soft cream in the colder, harsher winter months.



As a combination

Complete perfection. I was really happy with my soft cream on its own, until I discovered how much of a difference the Treatment Lotion makes. I actually had the Treatment Lotion as a sample product and as soon as I stopped using it, I found my face just didn't feel as hydrated. It felt like I was missing something in my routine and so this beautiful combination come into my life!

Want to try before you buy?

There products are quite expensive (30ml of the moisturizer is £105 and the Treatment Lotion is 150ml for £85), so it's really important that you pick the right moisturizer for your skin. If you go into any store that sells Creme de la Mer, you can get a good size sample. One of the things I love about Creme de le Mer is that their samples last well and are able to give you the ability to actually trial their products properly for a few days.

I would love to hear if you try and of the above and how you get on! Feel free to email, tweet or leave me a comment on Instagram with your thoughts!

DLJ
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment