Sunday 15 February 2015

One Day Make-Up Free A Week?

When it comes to the discussion of skin, I can quite easily say that I really dislike my skin. I have been battling with bad skin for what seems like a lifetime. Will my skin ever be beautifully clear and smooth as a babies bum? The sad realization is that this is probability something that will never happen to me.

I spend a small fortune on my skincare, and I sometime wonder if my skin would be better left on its own, but then I come back to reality and think GEEZ if my skin is this bad with all these amazing products, what would it be like WITHOUT them?! It doesn't bare thinking about. 

There seems to be crazy little fashion going around where people are doing 'one day a week without make up'. And I think it is all down to the youtube super star Jaclyn Hill.


Now come on, let's face it, if we all had skin as beautiful as her's I'd be happy to go ALL WEEK without make up, let alone a day! Why would you even want to cover up skin that smooth and spot free?

On the odd and rare occasion that I decided to 'bare all' and go completely make up free, I make sure to lock the door and close the curtains so that no one can see me looking patchy and spotty :(

How I would love to gain an extra half hours sleep every morning rather than sitting painting my face on. Unfortunately, until my skin decides it wants to be seen in public, one day a week without make up, is instead one day every few months for me! My skin gets enough 'time to breathe' at night time when I get my full 8 hours!

What do you think? Do you give your skin a break from make up? Or are you like me and DREAD the thought of being seen without at least foundation on?

DLJ
Xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I can't stand the thought of going out without make-up! Even when I'm just popping to the shops for 30 minutes, i'll always dab a bit of concealer here and there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same! It drives my other half mad, but I just won't leave the house without my make up on x x x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. I look sick if i don't wear my make up. I shove off all the local brands for Bobbi Brown India and i am simply loving the look that it gives me. With their amazing collection and colors I am falling for it more and more.

    ReplyDelete