Saturday 4 October 2014

They're Real Push Up Liner

So this has been a blog I have been going back and forth about for a while.

I really do fall in and out of love with this eye liner. I think I love the idea of it more than I love the product, which is a shame as there was sooo much hype behind the Push Up Liner from Benefit. 


Launched as a revolution in the make up industry, there was so much excitement around this liner. I have to admit, the first time I tired it, I decided NOT to buy it! 

But I kept seeing it everywhere, and I mean everywhere, so I decided to cave and try it out. And my feelings towards it have been pretty hit and miss.


What makes this product unique? 

It's design is what makes it stand out vs other gel liners on the market. Rather than being in a little tub, the gel liner is in a 'pen' style applicator. 

This stops the gel from drying out and allows for quick application without the need for extra tools. 

You twist the bottom of the pen for more gel, but this can be pretty slow and can really slow down your make up routine. 


Why gel?

Anyone who uses gel liner will know that it is a nightmare for drying out, but liquid eye liners just don't give the same intense colour.

Gel liner generally lasts longer and keeps it's colour intense throughout the day. Once you've used gel, it's hard to go back to normal liquid liner. 

Price £18.50, which would be a bargain if the product worked well and lived up to it's expectations, which to me it doesn't :(

Overview 

Oh I don't know! Like I said at the beginning of this review, I'm so torn about this product. I think I will buy it again, more because I love benefit...

I find that when this product works, I love it, but then I get half way through my second eye and I need to re twist and wait for the gel to move (which can take agessss) and I end up getting frustrated. 

My best tip, do one eye, then twist, do something else, then come back to the second eye. Ridiculous I know....

No comments:

Post a Comment