Monday 13 October 2014

RealTechniques Silicon Brush


One of the brushes that I was really intrigued by from my set by RealTechniques was the Silicone Liner Brush. Unlike normal make up brushes, this brush has a Silicone Tip for easy Application.

This is the only brush like this that I have seen on the market, so it is pretty different to most gel liners that are bristles etc. I also have their Fine Liner Brush which actually looks very similar apart from the material used on the top. The Silicone is quite firm, so it doesn't loose shape when you are applying your liner.


My first impressions were not good. I found it really difficult to get a smooth finish on my gel liner. It took a few attempts for me to get anything that was even close to being a smooth look. I also find that I need to apply more product to the brush when applying my liner. You defiantly cannot do a full 'sweep' across the eye with just one dip into your liner.

But after a few attempts at using this, I am starting to get used to it. It's not my favourite eye liner brush, but it does do the job.


The one main thing this brush has going for it is that is it mega easy to keep clean. It takes half the time to clean as it doesn't have anywhere to store old product like a normal brush would. 


Price : You can buy this from most retailers for £5.99 such as lookfantastic, feelunique.com and boots.com

I think if you are looking for a liner brush that is cheap and does the job, this is for you. It does take a little longer to use that a normal liner brush I think because you have to keep topping up the product, but it is a nice liner. Make sure you are holding you eye tight to get the smoothest line possible.

DLJ
Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment