Monday 13 October 2014

Brows : Benefit VS Anastasia Beverly Hills

About 3 months ago I decided to switch from Benefits BrowZings to Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow.

I had been using Benefits BrowZings for around a year, and although I was really happy with the product, I kept seeing so many MAU using Anastasia Beverly Hills products.

BrowZings from Benefit 

Benefits BrowZings comes in three different shades, Light, Medium and Deep (I was personally using the shade medium)

One of the best things about Benefits products is that they always come with the tools you need to apply them. This, I think, makes them really good value for money. It also means that when you buy a new product, you get new tools, so it is hygienic and you are always using fresh brushes etc.

This product contains a pigmented wax and a natural-shaded powder. The wax is for shaping your brows and the powder is for setting. You also get a hard angle brush, and blending brush and a mega cute set of mini tweezers. You can also log on to the Benefit website for a full tutorial on who to do your brows.

In the UK, this retails for £24.50

So whats not to like? 

To be honest, there was nothing about this product that I didn't like. I only moved on to something else because I wanted to try something new. Would I go out and buy this again?? YES I really would.



Photo : Benefitcosmetics.co.uk





Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade 


As I previously mentioned I decided to try out this product because it felt like EVERY make up artist on instgram was using it.

The colour I am currently using is Dark Brown, although I could probably get away with using one shade lighter, and come summer time will go one shade lighter. 

I love the texture of this product. It's so creamy, which is one of the reasons I think it goes on so well. Although I really liked the Benefit products, I just felt that this brow liner just looked smoother on.

Price: In the UK you can buy this for £15. I got mine from BeautyBay.com (they do free delivery) so it does make it cheaper than the Benefit product, BUT you don't get any tools ad you don't get a setting powder. 





The two side by side


As you can see from the swabs I have done, I could have got away with a lighter shade from Anastasia Beverly Hills as the colour from Benefit was a near perfect match. 

Going Forward

I would quite happily recommend both of these products to anyone. The one down side to the Anastasia Beverly Hills products in the UK is that I can't seem to find a physical store that sells these products so it was a little bit of guess work when it came to picking a colour.

The up side of the benefit products is that you have all of the tools you could possibly need to apply the product.

For me, I will continue to use the Anastasia Beverly Hills product purely because I think it goes on a little bit smoother. I have also had soooo many compliments about my brows since I have been using this.

DLJ
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment