Friday 8 April 2016

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble


The first things I want to get off my chest with Colourpop is ... SORT OUT POSTAGE TO THE UK!!! This brand is all over my Instagram newsfeed ALL the time and yet they are still not doing international postage, what is that all about Colourpop?! I mean really, come on.



Anyway, now that little rant is over, lets move on to the product. I was desperate to get my hands one of these lip shades as they have literally rocketed recently. I was a little bit apprehensive to order a lip colour on line without trying a swatch first in store as I am so pale and have to be really careful with my choice of lip colours or I look a little bit dead. However, I feel like I've seen pretty much every Ultra Matte Lip colour on every skin type through the power of Instagram and because Colourpop have the most amazing swatches on their website…

I decided on Bumble as it is a warm terracotta and I find that my skin tone suits these colourings. Having used a few matte lip colours in the past, I was aware that the Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip may leave my lips feeling dried out and crumbly. However, I was really pleasantly surprised with the formula. 




I have tried a few matte lip colours and I have to say, none of them have been this creamy! Normally, I find that when you wear a matte lip colour, you can feel that your wearing a lip colour and I hate that. The Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip on the other hand sits so nicely so I don't feel it at all. It also lasts for AGES. I wore this out to dinner a few weeks ago and I wasn't left with patchy bits of lippy here and there (although I did get a little bit of transfer from my bottom lip onto my chin but then I was eating a huge burger, so I mean what can you expect?!)


So we know the formula is amazing, but what about the price? You'd expect to pay a fortune for this given that it's so good right? Well you're wrong. These beautiful lip Ultra Matte Lip colours are just $6 (around £4) each!! What is there not to like?! Other than the fact that you can't ship to the UK....Oh Colourpop it was all going so well until I remembered that huge bummer. So if you're off to the state or have someone who will order for you and send them over the 'pond', do it!!

DLJ
Xoxo

1 comment: