Friday 22 April 2016

Brow Definer Dupe?

While wandering around my local Boots today, I spotted this little baby in the corner of my eye. Being an Anastasia Beverly Hills lover, I was surprised to see what appeared to be a Brow Definer...in the Soap & Glory range!


Of course, I had to take a closer look and I was quite surprised to see just how similar the ABH Brow Definer and the Soap & Glory Archery Brow Sculpting Crayon & Gel were. At a glance, the only real difference I could see what the fact that the Soap & Glory product comes with a brow gel in the same applicator instead of just a spooly. 

Oh and the other key difference was the price.

ABH Brow Definer : £16
Soap & Glory Archery Brow Sculpting Crayon & Gel : £10

So, £6 isn't a huge difference, but when Boots are doing 'buy 1 get one half price' thats TWO Soap & Glory Archery Brow Sculpting Crayon & Gel's for less than ONE ABH Brow Definer.

The shape of the actual product was literally the exact same for both products: 



And the ingredients don't differ too much (everything in pink is the same and blue is similar. I'm pretty sure the other ingredients are very similar or have the same properties, but I'm not a chemist, so I can't be sure!)

ABH Brow Definer 
Behenic Acid, Mica, Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax/Cera, Lanolin, Triethylhexanoin, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain: (+/-) Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510).
 
Soap & Glory Archery Brow Sculpting Crayon & Gel 
Hydrogenated soybean oil, Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, Hydrogenated vegetable oil, Zinc stearate, Stearic acid, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Hexylene glycol, [+/- (May contain) Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides)]. 

But what about the colour? Well these is a slightly noticeable difference when I swatch the two colours next to each other, it doesn’t appear to be huge, but colour can make a massive difference when you’re doing your brows. Below I swatches ABH Taupe with S&G Brown & Out. 


I'll leave you to be the judge!



DLJ
Xoxo





2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Have you ever heard of wowyourbrows.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's water-based so you won't change the finish of the product, just the colour. If you struggle to match your base to your skintone, I thoroughly recommend these little mixers.
    Huda beauty foundation in pakistan

    ReplyDelete