Wednesday 8 July 2015

Cowshed : Knackered Cow

The Knackered Cow relaxing body lotion is packed with essential oils which include lavender and eucalyptus.

The bottle itself is pretty cute. Normally, they come in 300ml sizes, but this bottle came in my June BirchBox so is a 3rd of the size.

    
   

I have seen these products a few times, mainly in John Lewis and have always thought the packaging was really nice but never actually picked up a bottle, so I was quite excited to try this product out. The Cowshed range is centred around the therapeutic nature of botanical oils and are produced in England.

The blend of lavender and eucalyptus is designed to help you 'slow down and unwind'. According to the bottle, lavender helps to restore harmony whilst eucalyptus clarifies the mind. So with this in mind, I have been using this lotion before bed.




The lotion itself smells divine and really does help to relax and sooth you. My mum has always used lavender products before bed, so the smell remind me of sitting in bed reading or watching TV with my mum as a little girl after her lavender infused baths.

In terms of hydrating and moisturising, I would say that it is okay. After application, I wasn't blown away by how soft my skin felt. My favourite body moisturisers are from The Body Shop and I just didn't feel like Cowshed provided as much moisture to my skin. Don't get my wrong, my skin felt soft after application, I just didn't feel like it was a 'wow' moment, you know what I mean?

Price : on the John Lewis website, a 300ml bottle os £20. To be 100% honest, I can't see myself going and picking up a bottle of this once I have finished it. The smell is incredible but can be achieved by using oils and the moisture just isn't good enough for me to part with £20 for a bottle. Sorry Cowshed!

DLJ
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment