Wednesday 15 July 2015

July BirchBox ... BirchBAG!!

July's BirchBox came with a little twist. Rather than being in the traditional box, this months products came in a super chic pool ready bag.



There were a selection of four different coloured bags, St Tropez (Orange), Hydra (Green), Somerset (Yellow) and Ibiza (Pink). Mine was this beautiful Yellow which personally I feel should have been named SunShine instead of Somerset!



I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed with my June BirchBox, so there was a lot riding on this months selection.



Of the 6 items in my box, I used 3 within the first few hours, which is a pretty good sign of a good box!

Soigen Nail Lacquer - The first thing I reached for was the nail varnish (shocker) which is this AMAZING baby blue shade. at £11 a bottle, I would defiantly by this baby again and have already been eyeing up some of their other shades. I haven't had any issues with my nails become weak or chipping like I have had with other nail products such as LOLA Barcelona.


SpaToYou Nail Buffer - The perfect accessory to go with this nail colour was also in my bag. It has four different surfaces you can use while giving yourself a mini mani. 


Pop Cosmetics Eyeshadow Trio - When I first pulled out this next item, I was a little apprehensive. After being converted to Make Up Geek eyeshadows, I was worried these eye colours would be 'chalky' and dry. But they are incredible. I was so shocked when I discovered how creamy and pigmented they were! All three colours are beautiful. I will be doing a blog about this eye shadow palette specifically on Sunday along with swatches!



There are still three products that I am yet to try which are below, mainly because I haven't had the chance / opportunity to do so

1) Unani Aloe Vera Gel - great for using after long exposure to the sun to add extra moisture back into your skin.



2) Indemne Eau De Genie - 100% organic skin 'spritz' to enhance your usual cleanser.


3) Benefit Cosmetics Dream Screen - ultra lightweight, matte finish sunscreen. I'm excited to try this when I go off on honeymoon in September. I always hate applying sunscreen to my face as it can be so oily, but is so important to protect your face from the suns dangerous rays! 




My only 'nag' is that I have seen other boxes that have a Beauty Blender instead of the Nail Buffer and personally I would have much rather had the Beauty Blender. So that was a bit of a bummer but hey ho. 

Otherwise I am pretty happy with this months box. I will be doing more specific product blogs over the coming weeks. So keep your eyes pealed! The first will be the Pop Beauty Eyeshadow Trio this Sunday! 

DLJ
Xoxo


1 comment: