Monday 4 May 2015

Wedding Prep : Skin

IAccording to my trusty wedding countdown ap, it is now just over 3 months  until I will be standing at the front of the church saying 'I do'.

But with so little time left, I really do need to start thinking about my skin. We all know that great skin isn't just about that your putting on your face, it's also about what your putting into your body.

Kick start...
My first stop for getting going on my skin cleanse is Boots. I dropped in yesterday to pick up some Perfectil Original. These daily multivitamins are designed to compliment your normal routine and contain over 20 micro-nutrients such as B2, B3 and Biotin.

Biotin is needed for cell growth, the production of fatty acids and the metabolism of fats and amino acids (according to good old Wikipedia). So in short, it is great for strengthening hair and nails. It is part of the 'B complex' group of vitamins and can even help with your eyes and liver. I currently already take B Vitamins as I find they give me a kick when I am tried and run down. However be warned they can turn your wee an interesting greeny colour.


As well as picking up some vitamins specifically for my skin, hair and nails. I also grabbed a mammoth tub Boots own Omega Oils 3, 6 and 9. Your body cannot produce omega 3 and 6 itself even though they are really important in maintaining cells. These fats are meant to be great for improving your health including your mental ability. Topping up on omega 3, 6 and 9 can help with your immune system, which means no horrible colds and bugs for the big day!



On the outside
I have also been making some changes to my skin too. A few weeks ago I had laser eye surgery which meant I couldn't wear foundation for a whole week. At first this was just horrific. I never leave the house without make up and hate being bare faced. But I seriously cannot believe how much of a difference it made to my skin. Being able to breathe for once mean my skin was able to unclog and has been so clear ever since. With this in mind, I am going to attempt to wear no make up the week before my wedding in order to give it a kick start.

I recently also purchased the wonderful and amazing GlamGlow. I mean this stuff really is fantastic, I cannot speak highly enough about the experience I have had with this product. I did a treatment this morning and am planning on keeping this up every 2 weeks before the big day, giving me another 8 treatments! (OMG it's really coming around quickly!)


I wrote a blog about GlamGlow back in February if you are interested to read some more... (http://thehighendmakeupgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/glamglow-supermud-clearing-treatment.html)

I have also finally given myself a pretty good skin routine!! It's amazing how much of a difference this has already made to my skin in just a few months. Although if you read my most recent blog on assessing your skin type, Hello Fashion Magazine suggest that you should switch things up during the month to keep your skin happy.

Everyone's skin is different and you know your skin better than anyone else, so if your happy and you have great skin, then stick it what your doing!

I will be going an updated skin care routine next week, but below is a quick overview of products I am currently using:

  1. Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil - 2 times a day
  2. Creme De La Mer Soft Cream - AM
  3. Creme De La Mer Treatment Lotion  - AM
  4. Garnier Essentials Micellar Cleansing Water - 2 times a day
  5. GlamGlow - every other week

DLJ 
Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. So interesting and effective an article you just have published, this is really very informative and I just completed reading this content. You’ve shared very latest information. Please don’t hesitate to share this kind of rich more info.
    www.topshoesbrand.com

    ReplyDelete