Sunday 28 December 2014

My Current Skin Routine : Getting Ready For The Wedding

First of all, I wanted to highlight that I am no skin expert, and this is what currently is working for me. I'm not suggesting it is the right way, I'm sure there are so many things I need to be doing that I'm not. I simply wanted to show what I am doing at the moment as it appears to be working for me.

Over the next few months, I need to get my skin routine into check as I get married in August. I wanted to put everything down in my blog so I can see how my skin is progressing and to highlight to myself what is missing and where! Also, sorry my photo's seem to be a bit blurry at the moment, I have no idea what is going on with the camera on my iphone!



I'm terrible in the morning when it comes to my skin! This is somewhere I really need to improve when it comes to looking after my skin. 

In the morning I simply wash my face with water in the shower, maybe not the best way to start the day for my skin!! 

I then used Creme de la Mer soft cream and Laura Mercier primer to prep my skin ready for my make up. I have recently be trying the Creme de la Mer Treatment Lotion which you apply before your moisturizer to drive moisture into the skin to improve texture and appearance of skin tone. I actually really noticed a huge difference in my skin, so this is something that is currently on order! 



Twice a week a give my skin a little treat (on a Wednesday and Saturday morning to be precise!) I use my claraionic with Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean to give my skin a deep clean and buff. I've started to really notice my make up gets patchy if I skip / forget to so this. Once I've used my clarasonic, the surface of my skin is so much smoother and I find that my foundation is much more even. 



Then, in the evenings I used Shu Uemura Skin Purifier oil to clean off all of my make up. This stuff really is amazing and takes off even the most stubborn of make up including mascara and eyeliner! It's seriously unreal. I have tried this green one and also their yellow coloured one. Personally, I found that my skin felt a bit tight and dry after using the yellow one, so make sure to talk to the ladies / gents behind the counter to make sure you are getting the right oil for your skin. I was really hesitant to use a face oil at first as I do suffer from oily skin, but I love this stuff. Please check out my other blog on Shu Uemura face oils for more details.

When I climb into bed, I then apply The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream. I decided to use a difference face cream at night because I feel it is a bit of a waste to use my La Mer at night time and also because I actually quite like this body shop night cream.



Once or twice a month, (if I remember) I also use the Liz Earle Face Mask which comes with two face buffers. Unfortunately, when I moved house my face buffers seem to have gone missing :( which is a real shame, but still use this with a damp cloth. 



So it's pretty short and sweet and needs a few tweaks here and there, but it's getting there. At the moment my skin is really


I would be more than welcome to have any of your hints and tips around skincare! Please get on contact either on my email highendmakeupgirl@outlook.com or on Instagram : highendmakeupgirl

DLJ
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment