Monday 1 December 2014

Primer : High end vs high street

I have done a blog on primers before, but only focusing on what most people see as 'high end'.

I wanted to do a blog on high end vs high street / drug store as I recently purchased a new primer from The Body Shop. I have to admit, I normally only buy hand creams from The Body Shop, but I had a coupon and was in need of a new primer, so I thought what they heck.



My skin is very sensitive, so I have to be really careful when it comes to putting new products on or I have a massive break out. The Body Shop generally is pretty good stuff and they use mostly natural ingredients. AND they don't test on animals :)

The primer I picked up is called the Skin Primer Moisture It. It is a lightweight primer gel which helps to absorb oil. It comes in a 25 ml tube and is just £12 in the UK. So I thought for that price, you can't go far wrong!



First thoughts : I'm actually quite impressed with this gel. It has a really nice texture and absorbs into the skin fast and doesn't leave you feeling greasy. It doesn't really have a strong smell at all. If anything, (if you really take note to smell it) it smells a little bit like play doe, but like I say, you can really only smell it if you are really trying to smell the product



My make up stays on reasonably well with The Body Shop Primer however it does not last as long as when I used the Laura Mercier primers just hold my make up all day.

The texture is pretty much the same, but there is just obviously something extra in the Laura Mercier that just makes make up hold that bit longer and stay that bit smoother. Price wise the Laura Mercier is £29 but for 50ml. So it's just over double the price, but you do get double the product.

So all in all, I think The Body Shop is a great value primer. I have tried high end primers that I have liked less, so it is a good little buy if you are wanting to give primers a go and not splash out.



But if you need the extra hold, then I really would recommend the Laura Mercier primers. They are a little bit more expensive, but you do get more product and a longer lasting effect.

DLJ
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment