Saturday 28 June 2014

My 'go to' eye shadow palettes

There is nothing better than a palette which has a range of nudes and colours that you can mix and match to your hearts content. 

So here are three of my favourite palettes. 


Two of them are from Estée Lauder and the third one is from Bobbi Brown. 


As you can see the nude colours in my Estée Lauder palettes have taken a bit of a beating over the months. I love to use these colours as my base for most eye looks. 


The reason I love palettes so much is because you have so many colours all in one place. (In one place being the key here). I travel back and fourth, here and there all the time, so for my having so many colours in one place is a god send. Not only is it easy to cart them around, but it also means you don't have loads of little tubs to sift through and you never forget a colour. Life is just so much easier. 

Of course there are down sides to these palettes. You can't always choose the exact colours you want. I know lots of brands are happy to make up palettes from their range to suit you, but as far as I know Estée Lauder don't offer this as an option (yet). I believe that Bobbi Brown may do (but don't hold me to that) 

Now the great think about the Bobbi Brown palette is that it also has a range of lip glosses that suit the eye shades. I know that sounds a bit crazy, but no matter what look I create with these colours, all of the lip glosses just match perfectly. A match made in beauty heaven :) 


Palettes also provide quite good value for money. They do always seem quite expensive at first, but when you do the boring maths, they actually work out really 'cheap' vs if you brought every colour separately. 

On the flip side, if you know for a fact you just arnt going to use half of the colours and there are only two or three in the palette that you like / want, then you are of course much better off just buying the colours you want instead :) 

DLJ 
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment