Saturday 28 June 2014

Foundation Brushes

Do they really make that much of a difference? For years I went by thinking that they wouldn't, then one day I decided to splash out and have never looked back. 

There are loads of different styles of brushes on the market, but I'm going to focus on the two that I feel are most popular styles. 

The first if these is the is the Bobbi Brown Foundation Brush. This was th very first foundation brush I ever brought. It cost £32 which is a little steep for one brush, but you can buy similar styles from different brands. 

I used to love this brush, but now only occationally use it when I get broad of my other brush or fancy a change (I know living on the edge right?) 


I find that this brush can be too much effort. I know that sounds so lazy, but you just can't use it quickly! And sometimes you just need a foundation brush that is quick and still delivers results. And so onto my favourite brush.

On the plus side I find that this brush doesn't absorb as much foundation, so less waste. But it just doesn't give me the coverage that I need. 

The Stippling Brush from RealTechniques is technically a finishing brush, but I use it as my foundation brush and have friends that do the same. 

This is a real bargain buy. At only £11.99 you really cannot go wrong with this brush. It gives amazing coverage and is designed to give an airbrushed finish. 

I love this brush because it is quick. You can use this in a rush and still get great results. It has a flat head so you can literally get makeup onto the face with speed and blend in quickly. Loads of other brands also do the flat headed foundation brush these days, but I've not come across any this cheap. I've had this brush for nearly a year now and it's still going strong! 


All in all, a foundation brush is a must have for your make up bag. No matter what type of foundation you use, foundation brushes are essential. 

DLJ
Xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment