Saturday 28 June 2014

Morning with Benefit : the new eye liner

So this morning I spent some time with the Benefit team in John Lewis. 


Today the brand launched their new eye liner: They're Real! Push Up Liner. 

This new liner is a revolution in the eye liner market. Rather than being your typical liquid eye liner, it is a gel eye liner but in a pen rather than in a tub! 

As you can see below it is a nifty shaped  pen which is designed to feel comfortable in your hand. It has three sides so it feels a bit like an ink pen that you used to use when you were at school, but on these the nib is made of plastic. 

they're real! push-up liner

While I was with Benefit I used the eye liner along with a range of other amazing products to create the following look. (Smokey brown look in different lights) 


To create this look I using the cream eye shadow in 'Birthday Suit' for my base. 


I then used their 'Smokin Eyes' kit to add greys to blend the darker colours. 


I then used 'Call My Bluff' eye shadow to do more blending and get rid of any harsh lines. 


I used 'Guilty Pleasure' on the inner part of my eye to add more depth. 


I finished off the look using the new They're Real Push Up Liner and their normal waterproof black eye liner on my water line. 


Overview...

I don't know how I feel about this gel liner. It really is revolutionary in the market, but I found it quite 'sticky' to apply. The colour lasts really well, and I think after a few days of using this I would get used to the texture of the product. 

It's a really great price at only £18.50, which I think is a real bargain! 


DLJ
Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment