Sunday 4 October 2015

MUA Cosmetics A/W Collection : Velvet Lip Lacquer and Metallic Liquid Lips (SWATCHES)

A few weeks ago I won a little selection of th MUA Cosmetics A/W collection. Unfortunately (we'll sort of unfortunately) I was away when my parcel was delivered, so I had to wait a few weeks to open up my prize. But I can honestly say that it was so worth the wait!

You may have already seen my YouTube video ( http://youtu.be/lxuDu18PK9k ) but I wanted to pull together a little blog with some swatches for you! I wanted to first start by looking at the Metallic Liquid Lips and the Velvet Lip Lacquer. 

The Metallic Liquid Lips, as you may guess from their name, have a more metallic look to them. They are quite shimmery and the darker shades have a more obvious glitter in the formula. 

The Velvet Lip Lacquer on the other hand is quite the opposite. These glosses dry matte after a few seconds and are more a lip stain to be honest. They last a long time and even hold up pretty well against food and drink. 

So who wants to see some swatches!? Let's start with the Metallic Liquid Lips! 


Colours from left to right :
Twinkle
Glint
Blaze
Bedazzle
Flash
Flare
Luster


Packaging 


Velvet Lip Lacquer 



Colours from left to right :
Potency
Symphonic
Vivacity
Zest
Tranquility


Packaging 




First Impressions

Metallic Liquid Lips - The formula is also quite 'wet' so you really have to build up the product with this so get a nice opaque colour. The glitter is a nightmare to get off. Some may say this is good because it lasts longer, but I find it's a little too much. However, they do look really pretty on and that is their main purpose! They do smell really good though and I found that after wearing them my lips felt really smooth and soft. 

Velvet Lip Lacquers - I have used some of the Velvet Lip Lacquers in the past and the formula dried out really quickly and made your lips feel really dry. They have updated the formula on these new shades are they are really nice. They don't flake like the old ones did and they are much smoother. They have reignited my love for these products. 

I think the packaging on both of these products is really pretty, but my favourite is the Metallic Liquid Lips. It's quite different to most other lip glosses and just stands out nicely. 

You can buy these products directly from MUA Cosmetics (http://www.muastore.co.uk) or you can buy them from SuperDrug (www.superdrug.com)

Metallic Liquid Lips RRP £4 
Velvet Lip Lacquers RRP £3

At those prices, I suggest you grab a hand full and head to your nearest till!

DLJ
Xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment