Sunday 18 October 2015

Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner : Black

The Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner in Black was a full size feature in this months BirchBoxUK. Being a lover of gel liner I was intrigued to see if this eyeliner would convert me back to liquids over gels.



This liner claims to offer 'big and bold dramatic eyes' in an 'easy to hold chubby pen'. So lets get down to it…

The application of this product takes a little getting used to. If, like me, you have been using gel liners with a thin application brush, the 'chubby' style of this liner takes a few attempts to get right. Although, once you have tried 2 or 3 times, I managed to pick up the application style. As you can see below, the tip of the liner looks like a felt tip pen so this is why it takes some practise.



I do admit, that I still find it a little difficult to get a perfect cat eye unless its rather thick. But that is all down to person preference. As you can see, you can create quite a few different effects with the tip of the liner.

            

Once I managed to get my liner on and looking pretty much how I wanted to it, it was time to test the durability. Here is where I find this product falls down a little bit. My normal working day is around 8/9 hours and much of this I am coming in and out of buildings, which means I am faced with lots of different temperatures and seasons!

I found that this liner didn't hold up quite as well as my normal gel during the working day. However, when I wore it at the weekend, when I was doing less, I did get a longer lasting effect.

Saying that though, the colour is very pigmented. My issue was with smudging rather than the colour fading.

Price

On their website, it RRP is £12 (however I think you can find it a little cheaper on Amazon at the moment, link at the top of the page).

Do I think this is worth £12? I like the fact that you can easily create thicker lines without having to really build up the product. The colour is also good and does last well. My only down fall was that I found it smudged more than my normal gel liner. I think if you don't have time to faf around with gel liner and the brush or you want to have something to throw in your bag for a night out, this product is really good.

They chubby style means its easy to hold and not too fiddly. This means that you can get a very smooth finish to your liner.

So all in all, would I buy this product again? Yes I think I would! The pros far out way the one issue I had. I would be interested to see if they also do this product in any other colours...

DLJ
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment