Monday 21 September 2015

Benefit Dream Screen

I'm pretty sure this mini sample appeared in one of my BirchBox's recently but I can't quite remember which one. Either way, thats irrelevant haha. What you really want to know is my thoughts on the product (well at least I would assume that is why you are here!)

So here goes...


I had been saving this little sample to use while on my honeymoon in the Maldives. The Dream Screen offers SPF 45 PA +++ Sunscreen for your face. FYI, SPF stands for 'Sun Protection Factor', this indicates the level of protection from UVB rays.  While PA indicates the level of protection from UVA rays. The more 'plus' signs you have after the PA highlights the more protection you get from your sunscreen. (1)

Now I don't know about you, but where I live in the UK, the chances of needing this type of protection for my face are pretty slim! So rather than try it at home where the sun doesn't seem to shine that much, I thought I would save it and bring it along on my travels.

The first thing for me to mention is that I hate applying sun screen to my face. Not because I don't want to be protected from the sun, but because I am so prone to breakouts. Sunscreen really is a double ended sword for me. Do I risk breakouts but protect my skin from harmful rays, or do I forgo sun protection and attempt to keep my skin spot free?

Let's face it, the last thing anyone wants is to look like a) a lobster or b) an ache prone teen on their holiday snaps! So when I received this little sample, I thought GREAT! I know that Benefit products don't give me break outs and I need to keep my skin safe. The Maldives is right on the equator, so even when it doesn't look sunny, your skin is still at risk of being damaged.

At the age of 24, my skin is still pretty up and down when it comes to spots. I try to have a good skin care regime to keep my spots at bay, but what can I say, no amount of skin care can keep hormonal ache at bay :(

While on honeymoon, my skin was starting to look pretty good. The warm weather and lack of make up seemed to be doing it's trick at helping my skin look young and spot free.

So what happened what I applied the Benefit Dream Screen? Nothing...well in terms of spots at least ;) My skin was left looking and feeling very soft and smooth and even quite matte!

The formula is quite thin and glides on really nicely. If anything, this is more like a face cream than a sun screen. REJOICE spot prone friends! Someone has finally come out with a sunscreen that doesn't make you feel greasy, yuckie and leave you worrying about whats being absorbed into your pores all day.

The light weight texture means that you can leave your room feeling fresh, oil free and most importantly protected from the sun. And what about the smell? Unlike most sunscreens, the smell of Dream Screen is not over powering at all. It smells beautifully fresh and light.

And it's protecting ability? I have been in and out of the water snorkeling and have been in the sun most of the day and have not had any issues at all. I have been applying a thin layer once or twice a day, depending on how much I am in and out of the water. This would also depend on where you are in the world and how much exposure you are getting.

Price

You can pick up a 45ml bottle of this for just £25.00. I really do think this is a great price. I know what your average sun screen can be a lot cheaper, but when it comes to your skin and specifically your skin on your face, I don't like to mess around. And for me, having a sun screen that protects and doesn't make me break out, is worth more than £25.00!

(1) http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skincare/spf-and-pa-rating-in-sunscreen-what-does-it-indicate/

No comments:

Post a Comment