Sunday 20 September 2015

Eylure : Tweezers and Brow Control and Shape Gel

To me, Eylure were always know for their lashes. However, it appears that as the beauty industry is more and more born focused, so too are Eylure.

Two of the products I have been using from Eylure when it come to brows are their tweezers and brow gel. 


Anyone who is keen to keep their brows in check needs both of these items in their make up bag. But are the Eylure products able to rival the top leading brow products on the market? For me, when it comes to brow 'maintenance' I think of people like Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH), Tweezerman and Billion Dollar Brows. Being a frond lover of both ABH & Tweezerman products, the Eylure brow range had a lot to live up to.

I will admit, I have not used the ABH brow gel, but I have head lots of good things about this product. I currently use the ABH dip brow pomade, and even without a gel on top, this holds my brows really well. I have on the other hand use Tweezerman tweezers. They are amazing. Nothing more to say there! 

Let's first start with the Eylure Tweezers. 


Unlike most tweezers on the market, these have a brush on the end to help with brow grooming. Having this brush to hand also makes it easier when plucking to make sure that you are maintaining the correct shape. In terms of their usability, I would say that they are pretty good tweezers. I have really pale skin and dark hair, so I find that I need to pluck more often than most because my hairs show through really on. For me, it is important to have tweezers that can get the hairs when they have literally just come through the skin. These tweezers really do seem to do the job. I was really quite impressed! 

The only thing I would say I dislike about these tweeters? The direction of the brow comb. I know that sounds so weird, but honestly, the comb faces downwards so when I am plunking the comb digs into my hand and actually hurts by the time I am done. My advice to Eylure, face the comb the other way! Otherwise, a great product. 


Moving onto the brow gel. Like I mentioned above, I have't used the ABH brow gel myself, but have heard very good things. So onto a brow gel that I have tried and tested on many occasions. The Eylure brow gel does what it say on the tin sort of speak. It does help to control brows and is a shaping gel. 



However, if you need to go back in with brow product, like I sometimes do, I find that you can really easily brush this gel out. When you do this, it almost makes your brows a little 'fluffy'. You know like if you have hair spray in, then you brush it through and your hair becomes a bit puffy and static? This is what happens with this brow gel. But then, maybe its just me that goes back and re-brushes my brows after brow gel application? Anyway, if I have managed to do my brows correctly first time round and I don't need to re-brush after gel application, I find that this gel is okay. It does hold don't get me wrong, but I don't feel like it holds long enough? Again maybe I am expecting too much from my brow gel? Maybe I need to try out some other brows gels next to this one to get a really good feel for what else is out there and what I should be expecting? As it goes, I would buy this brow gel again. It does it's job even though I do feel like it could do it even better? 



Price is always an important factor when it comes to topping up my collection.

Brow Comb Tweezers £12.50 (http://www.eylure.com/brow/brow-comb-tweezers.html)
Brow Control and Shaping Gel £6.25 (http://www.ey
lure.com/brow-control-shape-gel.html)

In comparison 
Tweezermen classic tweezers £20.95 (http://www.johnlewis.com/tweezerman-classic-steel-slant-tweezers/p430889)
ABH Brow Gel£16.50 (http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/anastasiabeverlyhills/browgel/clear/?gclid=CjwKEAjwsvmvBRCT5ozK-dmY7D4SJACyIoJmvCuj9xc6a6B5XGcKhROCtAJwTAXklJ1uW0eNT5mKYRoCcJjw_wcB)


As you can see from the above, Eylure are a much more cosh effective solution to brow maintenance. Having used Tweezerman tweezers I would say they are worth every penny. They are steep, don't get me wrong, but if you don't loose your tweezers on a regular basis (come on, it can't just be me?) then they are a very good long term investment!



I would happily re-purcahse both of the Eylure products. I use their tweezers on a daily basis and have not had any issues with them (other than that comb pointing the wrong way!!) And the brow gel does do what it says it will. I would admit, I would like something that will hold longer, but when you look at the price, for just £6.25 a tube, you really can't go wrong! 

I know that most Superdrug stores stock both of the Eylure products I have discussed above, so head down to your local store to pick up some brow bargains!!

DLJ
Xoxo 





No comments:

Post a Comment