Thursday 2 April 2015

Real Techniques Bold Metals Brush Collection : To Buy Or Not To Buy?

I have been using Real Techniques for between 1 and 2 years. My first purchase from their range was the stippling brush.


I really loved using this brush and found that my foundation looked so much better. I have tried a number of foundation brushes over the years (mainly stealing whatever my mum had in her make up collection and taking it for a whirl) and liked how my skin looked using this one. I have problems with spots, so I need to make sure that my make up coverage will hold all day, so using a make up brush rather than my hands to apply foundation has really made a big difference in that sense.

Last year I was lucky enough to win a competition that Real Techniques launched which meant I won pretty much their whole make up brush range. This, to me, was utter heaven! For some reason, I don't mind spending lots of money on make up, but don't really like spending a lot on my tools. I know that they really do make a difference to your make up application, but I don't get the same rush from buying a new brush VS buying a new eye shadow or lipstick for example.



However, this year Nic and Sam changed the ball game! They launched their Bold Metals Brush Collection and I LOVE anything that is shiny. So for the first time I had a real longing to buy some new brushes to expand my range. The only shortfall? The PRICE.


The full range consists of 7 new brushes and like all Real Techniques brushes, they are colour coded to make it easy to find the brush you are looking for when you are rushing to get ready in the morning!

There are two gold brushes:
  • 100 Arched Powder Brush  (£25)
  • 101 Triangle Foundation brush  (£22)

Two pink brushes:
  • Tapered Brush  (£24)
  • 301 Flat Contour Brush   (£22)
And three Silver brushes:
  • 200 Oval Brush  (£15)
  • 201 Pointed Crease  (£12)
  • 202 Angled Liner  (£10)
If you do the math, for 7 new brushes that's £130. When you look at other brush ranges, such as Bobbi Brow for example, you can purchase their Basic Brush Set which includes 6 brushes for £145 from their webpage. Which makes Real Techniques 7 brushes for £130 look like a pretty good deal. 

So why can't a part with my hard earned cash for these beauties? Well mainly because of the fact that they seem to be out of stock more than they are in stock! And then I think the second reason is I just can't choose which ones I want! I know that I want the contour brush for sure! But how am I meant to choose between all of the others!? 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on which ones I should buy!

DLJ
Xoxo  

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You lucky thing! I would have died if I won all that! Sadly I've had to buy all my own Real Technique brushes and I have quite a collection now. I will have them all one day! I have two from the bold metals collection, the arched powder and the contour. You really can tell the difference! I want some of the eye ones next and possibly the blush brush!

    www.denajayne.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete