Monday 28 March 2016

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara

Over the past few years I have been a pretty die hard Benefit mascara fan. I wasn't really looking to try a new mascara as I was pretty sure that nothing else on the market could top my love for They're Real and Roller Lash. It was by chance that the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara feel into my hands and not being one to pass up the excuse to try new make up, I decided to branch outside of my comfort zone and give this mascara a try.



The mascara itself comes in the standard Estee Lauder blue packaging, which I like. Inside is where the mascara gets a little bit 'jazzy' (yes I sound super old what I say the word jazzy, but it just felt right so I'm going to go with it!) Anyway, back to the packaging, as I was saying, when you open up the standard blue box, you are greeted by a beautiful golden tube of mascara bearing the Estee Lauder 'EL'. I like the fact that the packaging gives off an elegant and classic look, so based on appearance this product ticks all the right boxes.


Anyone who uses mascara will tell you that the applicator brush is one of the most important aspects of the product. Without a good brush, your lashes won't get that sexy, long lasting curl we all want and aim for. The application brush defiantly lives up to the name Sumptuous Extreme! The brush, or 'brushcomber' as it's technically called for this mascara, is huge and voluptuous allowing you to pretty much cover all of your lashes in one swoop!



But for me, that's when it all starts to fall down a little bit. I love Estee Lauder products and my mum literally swears by their whole range, but I just found the formula a little bit clumpy! I feel like although my lashes appear longer and fuller, my lashes also stick together so much so it's like I have a few very long and very full lashes and then a few bold spots, which to be honest, isn't the look I'm going for. But this issue is only on my upper lashes and not on my lower lash line, which means that this mascara is greta for when you are wearing false lashes, but not so much when your not…we can't have everything right?


Priced at £21 for 6ml in the option of either black or brown, I can say that I won't be picking up another one of these when this one runs out. It's been great to try and I will use it all as I hate waste, but I'm sorry to say that once this baby runs out, thats the end of the line for us.

DLJ
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment