Sunday 10 January 2016

Chanel Hydra Beauty Nutrition Lip Care

With the heating being on full pretty much everywhere I go, I find that my lips really take a battering this time of year. Because I'm constantly in and out of buildings for work, moving between heating that is on full wack and bitterly cold weather makes my lips dry and painful.  

No one likes have dry lips, so I am constantly on the look out for new products that soothe and repair. The newest treatment to be added to my collection is the Chanel Hydra Beauty Nutrition Lip Balm.



The Chanel Hydra range 'responds to the hydration needs of every woman, regardless of age or skin concern'...according to Chanel.com. The whole range is specifically designed to promote moisture retention and consists of serums, creams, masks and this lip balm. 

As you can imagine with any Chanel skin care product, the price tag is a little on the heavy side. This 10g tub is £30 in the UK. So with that price tag, for the amount of product you get, you'd hope to get some amazing results, fast! 



Because of its price, I opted to leave my lip balm on my bed side table to use as part of my night time skin regime. I go through lip balms like no bodies business and seem to loose them all the time (a risk I wasn't willing to take with this baby).

After applying my face oil, I put a nice think layer on my lips before bed to make sure they are feeling soft and ready for the next day. 

The balm itself has a beautiful silky texture and glides on. It sounds hard to believe, but within around 30 seconds my lips aleady feel smoother and the horrible chapped bits seem to disappear! But let's face it, you'd expect nothing less from Chanel, right? The texture is light and isn't greasy at all. It seems to almost melt into your skin. 

It's smell is also really delicate and fresh so you don't end up with anything too over powering on your face before bed which is also really nice. Small things, but they do make a difference. 



So to sum up, is the Chanel Hyrda Beauty Nutrition Lip Balm worth the price tag? I would honestly say that it really is. It does what it says on the tin and leaves my lips feeling wonderfully soft and smooth. Are there other lip balms on the market that can do the same job but for less? I would imagine so...I just haven't found them yet! Will I be buying another one of these when it runs out? I sure will. And after having so much success with this balm, I've decided I want to try some other products from the Chanel Hydra range. Watch this space. 

DLJ
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment