Sunday 9 August 2015

Sigma Flat Kabuki VS Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

Choosing the right foundation is as important as choosing the right paint brush for an artist. If you want to create the right finish, make sure you fill in all the gaps and create the perfect master piece, you need to have the right tools!

For the last year or so I have been in love with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. However, after daily use, my little brush is starting to look a little weathered. When it came to replacing this brush, my first through was to get the same brush. I mean, why wouldn't I? This little brush has lasted me the best part of year, given me great coverage and is well priced at just £8.99 at AllBeauty.com

    

But even with all of the above in mind, I was still really interested in trying out the Sigma Flat Kabuki brush. Why you ask? Well first of all, THE one and only Jaclyn Hill uses it and secondly, Jaclyn Hill uses it...so all in all, a good enough excuse for me!



I had been looking at this brush for a little while, but wasn't sure if I could get hold of the Sigma range in the UK, however FeelUnique.com, my god to for all the best product, had my back and were fully stocked with what seems like the who Sigma range.

And the price of the Flat Kabuki? £15.72 including postage!

Not a huge price difference between the two, so I decided to go for it and get myself a Sigma brush! I was just so excited when I put my order in and with a few short days, my beautiful brush arrived...(FYI got my eye on the Tapered Kabuki next).

So what are the differences?

Real Techniques
Bristle Type : Synthetic and 100% cruelty free
Function : Application and blending of cream or liquid
Head : Ultra firm
Unique point : self standing for easy storage

Sigma
Bristle Type : Synthetic Sigmax
Function : Buff out foundation
Head : Dense and flat




But which one is best?

It's a tricky one, because I like them both for different reasons. The Real Techniques brush gives a heavier covered because it has a smaller surface area. As I have spots, I find this adds more foundation and is great for hiding flaws.

Because the Sigma has larger head, and therefore a larger surface area, I find application is smoother and less obvious. It also leaves less lines and buffs your foundation out more for a more even texture.

So, it short, I think it is worth having both of these brushes in your collection. For days when you have break outs, I would reach for the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and for those good days when your skin does as you want it to, I'd happily reach for the Sigma Flat Kabuki.




DLJ
Xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Cool :-) Do you have tried the beauty blender? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool :-) Do you have tried the beauty blender? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Manja, I have tried the Beauty Blender from Real Techniques yes! I really liked it. Have you tried it?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete